Since I’m on the topic of finding a godly wife, I’m going to comment on this topic as well.
If you are going to get married… then go with a ruby engagement ring.
Proverbs 31 — Description of a Worthy Woman
10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
- It’s grounded to Scriptures.
- Her friends will ask about it, and she can tell them it’s from the Scriptures.
- This can be an effective witnessing tool to non-Christian women who ask about why she has a ruby engagement ring.
- You come out looking like a godly man. Which you are and continue to strive to be.
- Keeps both of your eyes on God and His Scriptures every time you look at it.
- It affirms your wife’s character and reminds her of it.
- It affirms your wife’s duty to bring you good and not harm all the days of your life.
- It affirms that you will have full confidence in her as a godly woman.
- Diamonds are a scam. See: 1930s marketing campaign that basically went viral into a massive business inflating prices.
This is the gemstone I will use.