Going back to Jack’s chart:
A few personal notes about this chart.
- The Bible commands either Headship or Celibacy. There is no other. That’s what Biblical marriage is, and that’s where the line is drawn.
- Complementarianism is the most deceptive for Christians because it is the closest to the Truth, but the lies in it produce the same fruit of the world (e.g. divorce, marital strife, etc.).
- In practice, the male submission line is the same line as the female submission line. Complementarians ultimately end up with male submission as they make a husband slave to his wife’s feelings. Choreplay being one of the obvious ones, and of course the emphasis on servant-leadership.
- I’d argue that feminism is pretty much everything under the umbrella of male submission, just the most obvious word. Egalitarian “Christians” come in two groups; the ones that don’t want to be grouped with the feminists and the ones that will admit it. They’re both one and the same, except the ones who don’t want to be grouped with the feminists are just deceiving themselves.
- To be it’s really crazy in retrospect how chivarly and courtly love have been integrated into Christianity by most of western churches.
The more you move down the chart the further you get away from the Truth, and the more earthly consequences become more dire for both the man, the woman, and relationships and marriage. Good fruit is good fruit, and bad fruit is bad fruit.
It’ll be interesting to see how far the Church ends up deviating from this, and the consequences of that. The more progressive churches are losing members in droves and the conservative ones less but on a similar trend. Will be interesting to see at what point it stabilizes, perhaps like post-Christian Europe?