I’ve been trying to think of a succinct and encapsulating summary of what feminism is since I’ve been discussing it a lot. I think I have succeeded on that front. However, if you think of something to add post it in the comments.
“Feminism is the promotion and glorification of rebellion”
- Destruction of patriarchy (male led families)
- Destruction of family roles and responsibilities
- Advocacy of no fault divorce rips apart families. 65-70% of divorces are initiated by women; of women with college degrees or higher it jumps to 90%. Also of note, wife custody of children accounts for about 60% of the motivation for divorce.
- Pushes careerism and self exploration over the fulfillment of families
- “Follow your heart” = “follow your feelings” = no long term thinking of consequences
- Encourages promiscuity
- Acceptance of LGBT: lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans
- Birth control and hatred of children
- Fat acceptance and accusations of the shallowness of beauty
- Demonization of masculinity for men
- Demonization of femininity for women
- Pushes women to be masculine and men to be feminine – rebellion and/or inversion
- Detests authority
- Typical SJW tactics such as lying, doubling down on lies, and projection (h/t Vox)
- Shaming tactics
All of these things are seen as good by the world. On the other hand, there is a natural beauty and order within God’s creation as seen through the Scriptures.
Feminism masquerades under the “good guise” of the theme of the liberation of women from oppression and the gaining of freedom. However, when viewed objectively at its actions, feminism is not only the promotion but also the glorification of rebellion against God.
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will [k]know them by their fruits. [l]Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will [m]know them by their fruits.
Good trees bear good fruit, and bad trees bear bad fruit. Look at the fruit of feminism. It should be obvious that it is corrupted and evil.
How it manifests in Christianity leads to churchianity. This was started to be explored here.
“It absolves women of responsibility for the origins of their own sins.”
Within marriage and male and female relationships feminism aims at distorting the natural pairing of authority and responsibility. Authority is striped from the husbands and given to the wives under the guise of “servant leadership” or “spiritual authority” (e.g. not authority on anything else) or as Nova puts it “figureheadship”. Corresponding responsibility is striped from the wives and given solely to husbands. Wives in this scenario are naturally more godly than men. Thus, husbands are made slaves to wives’ feelings. As Father Marker puts it:
Authority without responsibility is tyranny.
Responsibility without authority is slavery.
What this means is that in today’s western world women have become tyrants and men have become slaves. So if women want men to “man up” then ladies you had better give us some authority to go along with that responsibility.
Thus, feminism is the promotion and glorification of rebellion. Also, see: Romans 1:18-32.
You cannot be a Christian and a feminist.